Friday, May 4, 2007

Psycho cardinal




Since Springtime I have noticed sratches on my side view mirrors and wondered what was making them. I found out the other morning and finally was able to snap a pic of the culprit!

I suppose he is fighting with his reflection in the mirror and window. The pic doesn't really show him in action. I tried to get a video but he left before I could do so. Stay Tuned...

A google search found me this site

Psycho Cardinal
by Marsha Stephens
Saturday morning (July 10)

"I awoke to hear a strange scratching sound coming from the roof. Atfirst I thought it may have been squirrels cavortingaround, but it seemed to persistent. I went outside to have a look and discovered that a male cardinal was the source of the noise. I have a woodstove with adouble-wall, shiny stainless steel pipe that comes outthe roof. He would flutter up and down two feet of thepipe, attacking his reflection, pause, and then do itagain. He finally stopped when full sun hit the area.I was hoping he'd have enough sense to stop in theheat. Interesting twist to the problems folks have sited previously on this list regarding cardinals at-tacking windows and car mirrors."





Why can't the stupid bird go find an old crappy car to scratch up the mirrors and windows on. Leave my fairly new truck alone. Stupid bird!

I think I'll have to put covers on the side view mirrors to see if that stops the madness!

1 comment:

Jeni Q said...

That's exactly the story I thought about when I read the title of your blog!