Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Odd Dream

My brother was graduating from the Citadel (He actually DID graduate recently from that school) and the ceremony was over. All the graduates had moved to the PT area where a dunk tank was setup. My dad was in his dress uniform with all his medals and was sitting on the platform of the dunk tank. A few other graduates were playing soccer and one spotted the CO and everyone scattered.
I had a bunch of my stuff from the graduation in the building nearby which must have been an island. An old childhood friend named Matt Lampton arrived with our old boat the T-Craft. His outboard engine was an old piece of junk mercury inline 3 banger with no motor cover. Dad was in the water at the transom and his black baggy swimsuit drifted into the prop just as Matt put the motor in gear.
I was already in the boat and bolted to the aft of the boat to help. That's why I woke up.

No comments: