Monday, December 3, 2007

The Barnacle - Dream

I was in the Florida Keys at a boat ramp. I jumped in the water and started swimming out to sea. A nice shiny 28 foot fishing boat idled past me so I grabbed onto the boarding rail on the stern. The captain saw me and sped up a little and then slowed down. I told him he had a nice boat. He thanked me and then turned away. I then asked if I could fish with him. He said yes, so I climbed aboard and off we went. We sped through this tunnel and off to the left was a Marine Patrol hiding. He was writing a ticket to another boater. He flashed his light so we had to stop. The captain pulled over and tied up to a teak dock and walked to the officer’s vessel. I stayed with the boat. The captain was speeding through the tunnel so he knew a ticket was in order. This process took about 20 minutes and we were on our way. I looked down at my left hand to see what appeared to be blackish grey spots on my palm. It was actually barnacles! I scraped them off and sprayed my hand with Windex. Then I woke up.

No comments: