Saturday, August 25, 2007

Lot-O-Hooks - Dream

In this dream my parents owned a house on a beach somewhere. Every night we would take walks on the beach and enjoy the sunset. The tide was out this evening and a private dock/pier was totally exposed underneath. I could see many fishing hooks stuck under the dock that were still in good condition. I had my fishing pliers with me in shorts and proceeded to cut the fishing line that bound the hooks to the dock. This took sometime but I eventually had removed all the hooks. I reached the end of the pier closest to the beach to find about 20 chartreuse bomber lures all in pristine condition hooked to the bottom of the pier. I thought to myself “wow, I’ve hit the jackpot!” I carefully unhooked the lures from the dock and put them in a bucket I was using to haul the hooks. My parents had since headed back to the house as their neighbor was putting on a play for them.

I walk past where the play is going on to find that it was over. The playwright had some comments for me in the credits that I saw as I walked by the outdoor stage area. Mom and Dad were watching the credits. I could tell that she was mad at me, so I kept on walking to the house.

When I arrived, my brother and Adrian, a kid we knew in the Keys, were there washing dishes. I went around the back of the house near the pool to drop off my bucket and entered the rear of the house through the sliding glass doors. Adrian handed me a small white net as I walked in the door. I promptly inspected the net and dropped it into the hook bucket.

Shortly thereafter Mom and Dad came home arguing as they walked in the front door.

That’s when I woke up…. Right around the time when the cat puked on the floor and Carol rose to clean it. I think that was around 3:11 am.

No comments: