Thursday, June 14, 2007

Trying something new part I ...

I've heard of doing this but never actually did it until now.
I decided to put down a layer of newspaper in my veggie garden area to see if it will help with the weeds. Part I is pictured below



I had mulch around the immediate base of the plants (tomatoes, squash and cukes)so that's what you see on the newspaper in the pic. The cukes are on the far right next to the fence. The plant in the middle of the picture produces an awesome large pink flower. I think it is in the hibiscus family.

I plan to be at my mulch place when the open at 0800 and return with a yard of mulch to top all the newspaper with.


Here's a shot of some soon to be yummy matoes!

3 comments:

Jeni Q said...

My granma swears by it!

cmrpaul said...

I've heard it works too. Good luck!

Stew said...

I did the same thing! And guess what? I saw your garden todaaaaaaaay...

SO CUTE